Hempel Primer UNDERCOAT Paint 750ml/2.5L GREY
A single component primer for all substrates (including steel) above the waterline, and an undercoat for Brilliant Gloss/Multicoat/Non-slip Deck Coating.
A quick-drying, high-opacity primer and undercoat, that gives excellent durability and surface stability ready for overcoating with single component topcoats.
Hempel's Primer Undercoat is a quick drying, urethane-modified primer with zinc phosphate pigments for use as a general purpose primer for alkyd systems on well cleaned interior and exterior wood or steel surfaces.
Can be used as a single component primer for all substrates (including steel) above the waterline, and an undercoat for Brilliant Gloss/Multicoat/Non slip Deck Coating. A quick-drying, high-opacity primer and undercoat, that gives excellent durability and surface stability ready for overcoating with single component topcoats.
- Not suited for permanent immersion
- Single component primer
- Suitable for all substrates including steel
- Quick-drying and high opacity
- Suitable for overcoating with single component topcoats
- Minimum application temperature: 5 degrees C
- Thinners: No. 1
- Coverage: 12 square metres per litre
- Size: 750ml
|Temp||Touch dry||Re-coat (min/max)||Thinner/Tool cleaner||Covers|
|10°C||6 hrs||8 hrs – 6 days||Thinner No 1||12 m²/ltr|
|20°C||3 hrs||4 hrs – 3 days|
Hempels Primer Undercoat is a quick drying, high opacity primer excellent durability and surface stability in preparation for overcoating with single pack systems. Suitable as an above water primer for all substrates, especially steel, and as an undercoat for Brilliant Enamel. For above the waterline.
Preparation and Applications:
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, oil free and dry.
- Clean with Surface Cleaner.
- Stir all products well before use.
- If overcoating times are exceeded, abrade the surface and wash off with fresh water.
On a previously coated surface:
- Abrade to remove loose matter and provide a suitable key.
- Wash surface with fresh water and allow to dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Primer Undercoat and overcoat with Brilliant Enamel.
On a previously uncoated surface:
- Metal apply 5-7 coats.
- GRP apply 2 coats.
- Wood, seal with 1 coat thinned up to 20% with no.1 thinners then apply 2-4 coats.
- Overcoat with Brilliant Enamel.
- Thinners can be added to assist application under certain conditions.
|Hempel Primer Undercoat Technical Datasheet|
|Hempel Primer Undercoat Safety Datasheet|
|Hempel Colour Card|
|Hempel Paint Manual|